Help support our mission, our students, and our community’s future.Donate
The Part-Time Usul-ud-Din program is a newly designed and ground-breaking program, professionally formulated for Canadian Muslims who seek to attain a firm foundation in the Islamic Sciences. The curriculum offered is centred around classical, foundational texts taught by established scholars. It is the fruit of a blossoming Madina Seminary and its sincere, firm dedication to the Qur’an, the authentic Prophetic Sunnah, as well as its commitment to equip Canadian Muslims with the ability to confidently live Islamic lifestyles in these modern times and effectively deal with its contemporary issues.
- Qur’anic Sciences (Uloom al-Quran)
- Islamic Traditions (Hadith)
- Islamic Theology & Creed (Aqeedah)
- Prophetic Biography (Seerah)
- Legal Theory (Usul al-Fiqh)
- Hanafi Fiqh
- Hadith Sciences
- Tafsir & Tajwid
- Basic Arabic Reading & Writing
- GENERAL METHODOLOGY: We follow the methodology of Ahl us-Sunnah in Aqidah, Hadith
sciences, Fiqh, and Ihsan (Tazkiyah & Purification).
- THEOLOGICAL METHODOLOGY & APPROACH (MANHAJ): We believe in and practice the absolute
prioritization of the Qur’an and the authentic Prophetic Sunnah. This is then followed by Ijma’ and
textually evidenced analogy (Qiyas).
- AQIDAH: The students at Madina Seminary are taught the three major schools of Theology: Athari,
Ashari, and Maturidi. Each of these schools are taught by leading scholars of their respective fields.
- FIQH: Madina Seminary’s students are taught by scholars grounded in one or more of the
following four schools of Jurisprudence (Fiqh): Hanafi, Shafi’i, Maliki, Hanbali.
- TAZKIYAH / SULOOK: We practice a textual (Qur’an & authentic Sunnah) approach to Tazkiyah;
such as the practices of luminaries, the likes of: al-Hafidh As-Suyuti, Imam an-Nawawi, among
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.